Posted by Christopher Johnson | Friday, November 19th, 2010 | Uncategorized | 24 Comments
The Vancouver City Council voted unanimously Tuesday to back a controversial federal private members bill seeking to criminalize “discrimination” against the gender-confused.
The motion, brought forward by Councillor Ellen Woodsworth, supported New Democrat MP Bill Siksay’s Bill C-389, which aims to add “gender identity” and “gender expression” as prohibited grounds for discrimination to the Canada Human Rights Act and as identifiable groups in the Criminal Code’s hate crimes legislation.
The motion was offered in support of the “transgendered and transsexual residents, cross-dressers, drag kings/queens, transsexuals, androgynes, Two-Spirit people, gender variant, gender queer, and people who are bi-gendered, multi-gendered or otherwise identified.”
24 Comments to CIRCLING THE DRAIN
- Ad Orientem on OPEN POST ON THE MARTYRDOM OF FR. HAMEL
- Katherine on THE REV’D EVEL KNIEVEL
- unreconstructed rebel on OPEN POST ON THE MARTYRDOM OF FR. HAMEL
- unreconstructed rebel on THE REV’D EVEL KNIEVEL
- Arthur on THE REV’D EVEL KNIEVEL
- FW Ken on OPEN POST ON THE MARTYRDOM OF FR. HAMEL
- Katherine on OPEN POST ON THE MARTYRDOM OF FR. HAMEL